Urban Spin Body Corporate has an exciting opportunity for a Building Manager. The job incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day activities at the Body Corporate, including the supervision of staff and sub-contractors.
The incumbent will receive instructions from, and report to the Managing Agent’s Portfolio Manager and any instruction from the Trustees.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Control and supervision of all cleaning staff and security guards
- Control and management of the parking system
- Supervision of contractors doing work for the Body Corporate and keep record of their attendance. Ensuring that they abide by regulations, and perform services to highest standard
- Ensure that all maintenance contractors are issued with work orders prior to jobs being commenced and that all work is carried out timeously and in terms of the relevant work order
- Attending to and repairing of all minor maintenance items (changing of light bulbs, painting, repairing of doors etc.)
- Maintaining of site register and maintenance schedule
- Completion of monthly maintenance schedule which is to be submitted end of each month
- Maintaining and keeping a register of statutory requirements, i.e. all fire-fighting equipment inspections and elevator registers
- Control of refuse bins for landings and refuse room and to ensure that all are hygienically clean
- Monthly reading and recording on a control sheet all main water/electrical meters
- Daily maintenance of swimming pool
- Lodge maintenance issues promptly in prescribed manner
- Keeping staff register and recording of staff working times, absenteeism and leave if applicable
- Control of and safe keeping of all access keys and maintenance
- Ensuring that all monitoring and security equipment is operational and maintained at all times, including access-controlled gates/booms and reporting any irregularities
- Availability after hours in case of emergencies (such as fire, storm, security or emergency maintenance problems) as required by the Trustees
- Ensure residents abide by rules and report irregularities
- Resident queries
- Attend Trustee meetings and report on all maintenance issues
- Be available and willing to do any other duties as necessary and required by the Trustees and Managing Agent.
- Manage handyman duties
- Grade 12 advantageous
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3 years relevant experience within a residential property environment
- Knowledge of building facilities, operations and maintenance
Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literate
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical and painting
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Staff management skills
- Own transport
- Clear health record
- Clear credit record
- No criminal record
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 17h00. Due to the nature of the position you are required to be on call in the event of an emergency.
Salary on offer R15,000.00 Cost to Company per month.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.